Hey! And welcome to this week’s Monday
– With so much competition in the marketplace to get
customers to work with, or even buy, your franchise, you’ll want to make sure you
stand out from the crowd and we’ve got a few tips to share with you today to help
you do just that. Before you can stand out, you need to make sure that you’re standing at all. Can people find your business online? Is your
website secure? Are you targeting the right keywords? Your personas? What’s your content look like? You want to have an audit performed on your brand to see how
it’s currently doing in the marketplace. Great point! And if you find things like
you’re not coming up in the local pack, your website is taking you too long to
load, or any other issues that you find in this audit, you want to make sure that
you address them right away.
– Yeah and once you know that your target customer
can find you on the web, now you want to give them a reason to pick you over
your competition, so what are some good ways to achieve this?
– Well, one great way is to produce helpful content. Don’t just talk about your brand and how you’re
better than everyone else, because everyone is doing this. You really want
to teach your consumer something new, become their trusted resource of all
things to do with your industry without being self-serving.
– Yeah, and one great tip that may seem a little scary at first is to test out different target
demographics. Is there a segment you haven’t thought of before? Maybe you’re used to targeting mostly middle-aged men. Well, why not speak to the young mothers out there with a campaign, and just see how it performs.
– Yeah, and tests like this are great for Facebook, Google Display or other digital
networks where you have the freedom to just shut off the campaign at any time
if it’s not working.
– Yeah and if you really want to stand out and shake
things up, consider some new creative tag lines. Maybe a campaign that takes a
little bit of a risk that you weren’t willing to take before.
– And along those lines, why not try new ways of communicating with your consumer?
Facebook Messenger, for instance, has 1.3 billion people using it, so why not you?
You can even create a bot that handles those easy interactions with your
customer before handing them off to a live person.
– Want more tips on making your
franchise business stand out? Well head over to our blog and then don’t forget
to tune in next week when we talk about content farms… and why you probably shouldn’t be working with them. Bye!